Thursday, September 01, 2005

Catch Up

There have been so many things going on, and I have become lazy about getting those into my blog...so there are lots of things to recap:

1.) First of all, donate to the Red Cross. Obviously, no one should build a city 10 feet below sea level, and you should always evacuate when advised to do so; however, there are a lot of people who didn't have the means to leave, and unfortunately it appears as crisis relief by our government isn't arriving as quickly as some would like it to. (We're Americans...we're impatient)

2.) The answer to "What is in the Yellow Toolbox". Well, I did let the cat out of the bag to Elaine the other night when she called...I'm sure she was grossed out. The story of the toolbox goes something like this: Mike came home with this toolbox. I advised him that "Honey, we already have a toolbox...it's orange and in the laundry room." He advised me that "Yes, it's a toolbox, but it's my skeleton for class". I'm thinking...COOL, one of those hang-up skeletons that you see in some doctors offices...that could be fun to decorate for halloween! No such luck. In that toolbox is the complete skeleton of a human being...a real dead human being. NASTY!! And, in the small box next to it, is a complete skull...even more NASTY! Ok, I signed up for living with a medical student, but not the bones of a dead person...in my living room! Apparently, it is suppose to allow the students to study the variations in bones compared to pictures in books. Great idea people. Great. See for yourself:

3.) Jason Mraz. I listen to him almost exclusively lately, not only because his new album, Mr. A-Z is awesome, but I got tickets to see him in Chicago in October!! I'm so excited! It will be my first trip to the windy city (outside of the airport). I got a great deal on Priceline on a nice hotel and am looking forward to a quick trip...and shopping at H&M (can you say new fall wardrobe).

4.) My new job is going great. I really like the people I work with, although I am still pretty bored. They tell me that this is just a slow couple of weeks and should pick up, I hope so. There is no internet surfing (and no checking e-mail) allowed, so I am reduced to reading a book out of my desk drawer on the sly and staring off into space. I have begun to write letters while at work to break up the slow times, so expect to start seeing some real letters in the mail.

5.) Labor day! Mike and I are leaving tomorrow for his hometown of Newberry, Michigan which is in the Upper Penninsula of the state and is pretty much in the middle of nowhere. As an outing we'll be driving to the "big" city of Sault Ste. Marie to go miniature golfing...the city has 10,000 people, and a kick-ass putt putt course from what I hear.

And last...but certainly not least. I know I won't have time to post again before we leave, or while we're out of town, but HAPPY 28th BIRTHDAY HEATHER!! I hope you have a wonderful time at your party and with any luck, the mailman should deliver your birthday package to your door soon!!!

No comments: