Thursday, February 24, 2005

Pogacha part Deux

Marisa and I went to lunch today to Pogacha. Her first time, my second there. It was awesome...again! I went online searching for a recipe to make that wonderful Pogacha Bread. I must try to make it at home, although it looks like a huge recipe...maybe I can half it, fourth it. Here it is:

4 pkg. dry yeast
8 eggs, beaten well
1 tbsp. sugar
3 cups sugar dissolved in 4 cups warm water
1 cup water
7 lbs. all-purpose flour
1 tbsp. salt
1/2 lb. butter
1/4 cup oil

Topping: 1 egg beaten with 1 tbsp. milk
Sesame seeds

Have all ingredients at room temperature. Heat oven to 200o and turn off. Prepare yeast with 1 tbsp. sugar and 1 cup water, stir and set aside for 10 minutes. In a large bowl, sift flour and make a well in the centre. (Set aside two or three cups for kneading. ) Pour butter, oil, salt and eggs into well; then begin adding sugar and water and yeast mixture, working in flour to make a medium-textured dough.Turn out on your work area and knead for 15-20 minutes, using extra flour if necessary. Cut through the dough two or three times with a knife to examine for air holes. When these are evident, the dough has been well kneaded. Set dough into a large roasting pan, which has been lightly greased. Grease top of dough very lightly with butter or oil, so that it will not develop a crust.Cover and place in oven until doubled in bulk, Punch down and allow to rise again. On a lightly oiled surface, dump dough out and cut into sections desired. This dough may be braided; or made into regular loaf pans, or large rounds which are customarily used for weddings. Place in greased pans, place in oven again to rise for about 1 hour. Brush loaves with egg and milk and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Preheat oven to 300 degrees and bake loaves 1 hour or until done

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cafe Pogacha is even better that Pogacha.

Just a suggestion.

debt free guy said...

I did a search for "be debt free" and I found this site. I just wanted to say you have a great site and have enjoyed reading it! Thanks again!

Debt Free Guy
be debt free

Steve Austin said...

Nice blog. Please check out my debt management service blog. It is all about debt management service.

billuk said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!
I have a bankruptcy credit repair
site/blog. It pretty much covers bankruptcy credit repair
related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

The Gambler said...

you have a pretty cool blog here another one of my favorites is a site on debt that deals with personal finance stuff. I suck at it so I like to share.

Anonymous said...

Great Blog! I would like to let your readers know about a site that can give them a FREE Instant Auto Loan Quote. Just Enter Your Zip Code!
You can check it out at:
FREE AUTO LOAN QUOTES

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed you blog about adkins cholesterol diet. I also have a site about adkins cholesterol diet which makes me appreciate this one even more! Keep up the good work!

GOOGPLEXMAN said...

Super blog. I enjoy visiting. Have you seen the great Bank One Student Loan
information available at Bank One Student Loan
. Your should check it out.