Wednesday, April 12, 2006

My hand feels lighter

On Saturday I dropped my engagement ring off at the jewelry store to have it sized. Originally they had said I wore a 6, but I didn't want it to be too tight, so I told Mike 6 1/4, because 6 1/2 was a tad big. After wearing the ring for awhile I realized that it was slipping over my knuckle and I would be at risk of losing it.

The lady at the store told me that it would take about 4 days, although I asked that the bottom inside which is stamped with the maker of the ring remain in place. She advised that is done by the factory and if their local jeweler couldn't size around it, she'd have to send it back to the manufacturer to have it sized. So she called to let me know they did in fact have to send it off; however, that it would take approximately 4 weeks to come back! So now I'm walking around with no ring and it feels completely bizarre, which is funny because at first having the ring on felt weird.

Of course while we were there I tried on the 'wedding band' that matches my ring, which I had already decided I didn't need or really want, but wanted to see them together. The little tiny band is $1700 and the woman was trying to sell Mike on how I really should have one for the wedding and a second for our 1-year anniversary so that the band would look 'complete'...yeah I bet.

No comments: