Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving

This will be my first Thanksgiving away from members of my own family. I've not always been with my parents on Thanksgiving, but I've had aunts, uncles and cousins around if my parents weren't. This afternoon Michael and I are driving to Newberry, MI to spend Thanksgiving with his family and I'm a little homesick. Our family doesn't have many Thanksgiving traditions, but there are things that are commonplace (foods, location, etc) that won't be this year and I'm feeling a little out of sorts. I wish I could infuse some of my family traditions into his, but that isn't easy to do, so I'll just have to hold off and hope we are around my family next year.

This weekend should be very busy with Thanksgiving tomorrow, our second wedding reception on Saturday and a baby shower for one of Michael's cousins on Sunday. Between all of that and driving 6 hours each way, we should be plenty tired by the time we get back late Sunday night!

Happy Thanksgiving to all of my family and friends who sometimes seem so far away in distance, but you are never far away from my heart and thoughts. I love you all!

No comments: