Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Spending and Saving

A few weeks ago Michael and I set a very lofty goal of how much money we'd like to save by the end of 2007; however, it feels like everytime we turn around more money flies out of our pockets. Between all of the weddings, upcoming graduations, birthdays and holidays, I'm feeling that we are further behind than when we set the goal. And whereas I've always lived within my means and not carried a bunch of debt, I've also not been the worlds biggest saver and I'm hoping the next year will turn that behaviour around.

This year I've tried to be careful in my holiday shopping, although its my favorite holiday and I always go overboard, its just something that simply cannot be helped. I have been scouring stores and online looking for good deals on great gifts to try to stretch the dollar a little bit further. I've been sort of disappointed in the sales so far. I realize that after black Friday there aren't so many sales to be had for a short while, but I want to get the shopping D-O-N-E. There is nothing more satisfying than looking at a big stack of beautifully wrapped presents and knowing there are 20 days until Christmas and you don't have to go back into the crowded, crazy, overheated mall anymore before the holiday.

1 comment:

simonsenfamily said...

Saving vs. spending.... it's much more fun to spend.