Thursday, October 01, 2009

No Spend October

I've been inspired by a few other blogs and have decided to enlist a month of "No Spending" for October. That is, no spending on non-essentials or pre-budgeted items. No ordering out lunch because I forgot to bring one or running to Starbucks for a peppermint mocha in the afternoon. The only items that will go outside that rule are a winter coat, hat, mittens and boots for Griffin because I haven't bought any, and he will need them before the month is up.

In the spirit of not being wasteful I'm going to start working on some projects around the house that I've been planning to do forever, but haven't had the time or energy to do. First on the list is filling in quite a few blanks in Griffin's baby book. Thank goodness I've documented his milestones on his blog (and a huge reason why I use descriptors like last night, or this morning, or last Sunday) so I can look back and get the dates right. I have entire room for my hobbies, and haven't spent more than an hour in there since we moved in, which is absolutely shameful.

So here we go, day 1 of the "No Spend October", we'll see how it goes.

No comments: