Friday, September 01, 2006

A Spot

About 5 months ago I got a dark spot on my bottom lip. I had an appointment with my dermatologist for something else and I pointed it out to her. I told her it has started with a little zit-like bump that I picked at and then when it healed the dark spot was there with a white ring around it. She said it looked fine and was probably trauma from me picking at it. The spot started to lighten and last week it looked like it was almost gone.

Well driving to work on Wednesday I looked in the mirror and noticed that it was back to its old dark self, and then on Thursday it was all white and raised. So of course I called the dermatologist who is booked for 2 weeks, but my wedding is in 6 weeks and I don't really want something crazy on my lip!

Let's just say hours have been spent searching the web for "white dot" "lip" and "lip cancer" and anything else I can obsess about, because thats what I do best when I'm not feeling well. I always work the smallest problem up into some crazy thing in my head only to find out its something small.

1 comment:

Marisa said...

You're fine! I'm sure it's stress if anything....