Monday, November 05, 2007

Holidays are near

I just noticed that Thanksgiving is only 2 1/2 weeks away. Where does all of the time go? I was at the mall this weekend and Macy's was all decked out for Christmas already, which felt too early, but the sight of it did kickstart my holiday shopping.

Thanksgiving weekend Mike's mom is throwing us a baby shower, which should be a lot of fun, and there will be none of those silly baby shower games played. I love being up there and I always feel so lucky to have married into such an amazing family.

I'm really looking forward to Christmas this year too. It will have been a year since I've been home to Seattle and I am missing my family and friends so much lately. I can't wait for them to see my growing belly (and boy, is it growing) and just spend time reconnecting face-to-face. I've got a laundry list of people I want to visit, places I want to see, and restaurants I'm craving to eat at again. Ann Arbor seriously lacks in the good chinese food department, so I'm planning to get my fill of Black Pearl while I'm there.

No comments: