Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Goose Egg

Last night I had a bad mommy moment. Griffin and I were sitting on the orange shag rug in his room giggling and tickling and hanging out before bedtime. Mike can in with the bottle and I got up and asked Griffin to get his sleep sack so he could go to bed. He smiled and started runningfor the door and I leaped ahead and went to push the door closed. Unfortunately Griffin didn't stop in time and he hit his head on the edge of the door and got a big goose egg on his forehead. I felt so bad as we watched it get bigger and bigger and Mike got all doctor-like on it poking and prodding and checking him out. We gave him some Tylenol and he went to bed like normal - even slept through the night which he hasn't done for about 3 weeks now. Mike and I went in to check on him before we went to bed and it didn't get any bigger, but we knew he might wake up with a black eye. Luckily this morning it is just a small bruise on his forehead, and no black eye. This is only my 3rd or 4th baby mommy moment I've had in 18 months, so I guess thats not too bad...and I've had thousands of good mommy moments, so hopefully that outweighs this not-so-fun memory.

No comments: