Friday, November 19, 2004

It's nearly vacation

I have all next week off, but I have to work on Monday until noon. I shouldn't say have to, I could have taken the entire day off, but I didn't. Mondays are like hell in my office. I get to work at 7:30 in order to prepare for an 8am meeting. That lasts until about 9:15 at which point I have to print a couple of reports and start tracking down the people that weren't here at 8 for their info. Then at 10 I have a meeting that lasts until about 11:45, and which point I have to start working on a project that easily can take me until 3:00, but I force myself to lunch by 2. I come back, finish the project, start a couple of other random projects and before you know it 6 o'clock is here and I haven't had time to go to the bathroom or anything! So, if I wasn't here on Monday, it would only mean that the following monday was 1000% busier because I would have to do 2 Monday's worth of work in one...and it's so not worth it. I feel efficient and effective on Mondays and sometimes I wonder if everyone around me sees how hard I work sometimes, but when I was telling my boss I was going to be here for half a day on Monday she said "Good, because I'd DIE if you weren't here on Monday to get everything done." Hurray for me.

No comments: