Thursday, April 07, 2005

Inverted

Last night Heather and I went to Yoga. It's been our Wednesday night thing lately and I'm loving it. I leave there and feel energized and focused and strong, not to mention that I fall asleep quickly and sleep like a baby those nights. Last night our teacher Kitty decided it would be a good idea for us to try headstands. Heather and I looked at each other like deer in each others headlights and said "yeah, right!".

We tried to get the hang of just putting pressure on our heads, which was made even more akward by this indian, ace-bandange like dressing wrapped around our heads. (mean to aleviate headached, but has side effects of making your head hot and sweaty, and giving you goofy hair). The instructor came over and helped me get properly aligned in an "A" shape with my head and feed on the ground and my hips in the air. Then she said, "ok, lift your leg up and go into the inversion". Um, excuse me WHAT? Stand on my head? Right!

After the shock of thinking I'd rest my entire body on my head, we moved into shoulder stands, which I can do. I took it a little farther and got all bendy, which was kind of fun, except for the fact that when you are supporting yourself on the back of your head and tops of your shoulders, your entire body shifts towards your head....everything. Heather looked over at me, smiled and said "Hey, your boobs are on your chin!"...Yes, yes they are.

No comments: