Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Cake

I've been having a problem at home lately that involves cake. I think cake is o.k., although I'd much rather have some sorbet or another dessert in it's place. Well, Michael doesn't have the same though. HE WANTS CAKE. Sunday night at 8pm as I was putting away laundry he looks over and said "I wish I had some cake", and I offered to bake one. After him saying no about 10 times I could tell he really did want one, so I went to the kitchen and made a vanilla sponge cake...from scratch. Needless to say, by the time I came home on Monday it was gone.

So last night after dinner Mike asks if I've bought him any "treats". I informed him that while no, I didn't, I did make him a cake 48 hours prior and wasn't that enough. Not more than 15 minutes later we were driving to the grocery store to pick up a cake mix and frosting for his 2nd cake of the week.

This has got to stop.

No comments: