Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Year 28

Yesterday was my birthday and I turned 28. I can actually say I'm happy to be turning 28, because all year long I thought I was 28, when I was only 27. I don't know why it was so hard to remember how old I was, but now I KNOW I'm 28.

Yesterday I worked until noon and Mike stopped by with a beautiful bouquet of flowers. I drove home at noon, picked him up and we went to The Lake House. Mike wasn't super excited to watch a Keanu Reeves/Sandra Bullock movie, but since it was my birthday, I got to decide. We heade home after where I took a little nap before we headed off to dinner.

Dinner was fantastic. We ate at the Chophouse which is by far one of the top restaurants in town, and better still is that on you birthday you get 50% off your entire food bill (for both people, not just the birthday person). I was too stuffed to head over to the attached dessert place that I love, so we headed back home to digest for a couple of hours. Later we went back out for some frozen custard which was great as well.

I love my birthday...I just wish everyone I love was closer to celebrate it with me!

No comments: