Wednesday, July 28, 2004

"Think of it like a savings account"

I have been at my new job for 6 weeks now.  I love it.  I mean I LOVE IT.  It's great.  I love what I do, and the people I work with, and the office I work in, and the area I work in.  Everything is great.  There is one minor hiccup.  Do I really work here?  Over the past few weeks we have been fighting our employee services people because according to them I dont work here.  But I'm here everyday.  Whats the problem?  Apparently, because I was transferred from within the company and didn't start as a 'new hire' paperwork that is submitted for me keeps getting rejected and it's been one hiccup after another. 

The good thing is I'm getting paid; however, still out of my old division.  The bad thing is I'm not getting paid correctly.  I'm missing a week of pay, 5 weeks of the difference between my old wage and my new one, and 20 hours of overtime...which I can't touch, because I cant get paid for it!  They keep telling me its coming and my favorite line so far is "Think of it like a savings account.  You'll get it, you just can't spend it yet."  Great.  Oh well, when it does come, I'm gonna be rich! :)

Oh and by the way...I LOVE MY JOB!!!

 

No comments: