Wednesday, August 04, 2004

A little Wednesday-morning Ditty

I am driving up...
I-5 in the...
kind of morning that...
lasts all afternoon...
just stuck inside the gloom...and traffic that never ends...and made my commute 40 minutes longer than it normally is...and crazy drivers who don't use their blinkers...and buses that run you over trying to change lanes...when their next stop isn't for miles and miles...

And I get to work...
grab a glass...
to fill with ice from...
the ice maker...but all the ice...in our fabulous under-cabinet mounted ice maker...is now one solid frozen block...because someone can't figure out how...to shut the door...and the ice melts together...and I have to take the time to dump it out....into the sink...and pour hot water over it...so it doesnt take up the whole sink...

I bet the rest of the day has to be just GREAT in order to make up for this morning.

No comments: